On the weekends I like to prepare one special breakfast for our family. Something different like french toast souffle, or homemade pancakes, and sometimes they love Trader Joe’s version of Cinnabons. But I can’t and don’t eat this food usually because of the my paleo diet. So a few weeks ago I decided to make myself a treat with some Paleo Blueberry Scones.
I scoured the internet looking for a decent recipe to use the ingredients I had on hand, and found this from Fed & Fit. Except we didn’t have any cashew flour, so I subbed almond flour and they turned out delish!
paleo blueberry scones recipe
The key to this recipe was fresh blueberries. But seriously, you could use any other fruit or ingredient. Bananas, cranberries, even strawberries!
Once you make your batter, line a round baking pan with parchment paper so it’s super easy to pull out your finished product.
And serve up a mouth watering treat for your weekend morning! These keep well in the fridge too so we enjoyed them for days!
While I followed her recipe pretty closely, I did make a few changes based on what we had on hand. We substituted the maple syrup for honey, and used almond flour from Trader Joe’s. We loved the result. Here’s the recipe I made, hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 1/3 cups ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 coconut oil, full fat butter, or other oil you prefer
- 1 egg
- 2-3 TBSP sweetener like honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla (I used 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp almond extract)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, then add your blueberries.
- Mix together all wet ingredients.
- Add the wet with the dry and pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 for around 25-30 minutes.
please pin for later!
Please follow mommy in SPORTS on Facebook for more great recipes! And check out my Paleo Pinterest board!
Follow Mommy in Sports’s board Paleo Recipes on Pinterest.